OBJECTIVE : Once the training completed, the participant will:
- Have the knowledge required for handling DG’s ;
- Identify required labels and placards for Canadian TDG ;
- Use the driver and handler’s handbook as reference ;
- Use a control list prior to accepting dangerous goods ;
- Create a product list of his shipments including UN numbers, class of danger and proper shipping names,
The employee will then have acquired the prescribed requirements for handling of dangerous goods according to Canadian TDG.
DURATION : 4 hours
-For in-house training (Groups of 10 participants maximum) : Custom pricing –
-Classroom training at CFT Canada : 149,95 $ per participant
- Familiarize with the Canadian TDG regulations and CFT’s drivers hanbook.
- Provincial application (Québec) for the transport of dangerous goods by ground.
- Interpretation (definitions).
- Classification (9 classes and packing groups).
- Packing instruction and standards : UN, safety and TC/DOT.
- Marking and labeling.
- Placarding and labeling requirements.
- Minimal Shipping document knowledge.
- Knowledge and application of special provisions specific to the Canadian TDG.
- Question period and exam.
MATERIAL : The participant will be supplied with handouts, use of a current edition of the CANADIAN TDG and TDG guidebook as well as a training certificate.
CFT CANADA : This training is compliant with national and international standards for shipping dangerous goods by GROUND according to the Canadian TDG.