Maritime shipper – Initial
OBJECTIVE : The participant will be able to perform all different steps needed in the preparation of a Dangerous Goods shipment
DURATION : 2 days
-For in-house training (Groups of 10 participants maximum) : Custom pricing – Contact CFT Canada’s customer service.
-Classroom training at CFT Canada : 495$ per participant
- Familiarize with IMDG code of the de international maritime organisation ;
- Application (definition, fundamentals, responsibilities, training).
- Terminology (units of measures, abbreviations, symbols).
- Excepted, forbidden or limited quantities of dangerous goods.
- State and operators variations.
- Classification (9 classes and packing groups).
- Selection of proper shipping names, alphabetical and numeric lists.
- Packaging requirements, overpacks and All packed in one.
- Markings and labeling requirements.
- Placarding requirements.
- Preparation of shipping documents.
- Review of other Canadian TDG requirements.
- Incompatibility of dangerous goods.
- Exercises, revision and exams.
MATERIAL : The participant will be provided handouts, use of a current edition of the IATA DGR and a training certificate.
CFT CANADA : This training is compliant with national and international standards for shipping dangerous goods by AIR.